Thursday, 11 June 2015

'Ogogoro' kills more in port harcourt

more people has being sent to their early grave, through the consumption of locally made gin known as ogogoro,
e 33 people previously reported has risen to 66.
  Rivers State government, yesterday, said the death toll from consumed poisonous local gin, otherwise known as ogogoro

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr Somiari Harry, who disclosed this to journalists shortly after a meeting with vendors of ogogoro, said efforts were on to ensure stoppage of consumption till further notice.
A major dealer of the local gin in Nembe/Creek road area in Port Harcourt, who was at the meeting, said it was unfortunate that deaths were being traced to consumption of the gin.
He said his family had been in the business since 1971, and that nobody had died from consuming their product.
He insisted that the one responsible for the death so far recorded in the state came from a neighbouring state.
He said they always bought what they sold from neighbouring Bayelsa State, stressing that their own was poison-free.
He said since news of the casualties broke out in the state, they had been forced to lock up their shops, assuring that they would cooperate with government until the problem was resolved.
Earlier in the day, Deputy Governor of the state, Dr. Ipalibo Banigo, appealed to people in the state to stop consumption of the drink, urging them to avoid it in traditional events.

 Abeg shine ya eye see wetin you wan drink, make wetin you sabi drink no send you go yonder


cull from vanguard.



disclaimer; this blog does not allow defamatory comment


Thursday, 4 June 2015

Head-To-Head - Apple Vs Samsung

Apple Is Determined To Kick Samsung Out Of Mobile Market


“After the jury rejected Apple’s grossly exaggerated damages claim, Apple is once again leaning on the court to push other smartphones out of the market,” Samsung spokesman Adam Yates said in an e-mailed statement. “If granted, this would stifle fair competition and limit choice for American consumers.”
http://www.mymo.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/apple-vs-samsung-370x2291.jpg

According to Strategy Analytics, Samsung’s share of global smartphone shipments in the first quarter of 2014 unfortunately dropped  to about 31% from 32 % the preceding year, while Apple’s share fell to about 15% as against 18% in the same period, while Chinese producers such as Huawei Technologies Co. and Xiaomi Corp. gained in emerging markets with cheaper, feature- packed devices. 
Apple announced May 17 it was settling litigation involving Google Inc.’s Motorola Mobility handset unit. That agreement, patent experts said, might only intensify its feud with Samsung, which uses Google’s Android operating system to power its phones.
Shortly after which  Apple and Samsung blamed each other in a report to Koh for blocking progress on resolving their patent disputes.
The nine mobile devices targeted by Apple are Admire, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S3 and Stratosphere leaving out Samsung’s newest smartphones, the Galaxy S4 and S5.
However, the  judge found no strong connection between Samsung’s infringement and the irreparable harm Apple said it was likely to suffer.

culled: Pulse.Ng